If the Gloucester City Library doesn't have the title you want, let us try to borrow it from another library for you!
To obtain Interlibrary Loan materials, you may place a request at the library or do it yourself through JerseyCat. (See below for any fees that may apply.)
The JerseyCat Interlibrary Loan System includes holdings of public, college, school, and special libraries in New Jersey. As of August 1, 2014, JerseyCat uses new software called ShareIt. Please note the updated instructions.
To search JerseyCat:
- Enter title, author or subject keywords for desired item
- Click on the search button (magnifying glass)
To request an item:
- Once you've located the item you would like to borrow, click on either its book cover image or one of the links below the image that refers to the type of material (book, audio book, etc.)
- Click on the Request This Item button for the item you want to borrow.
- Fill in your name, telephone number and a password, and click Submit. The password can be anything you will remember. Each time you place a request, you will need to re-enter your contact information.
If you have trouble using JerseyCat in Internet Explorer, please try using a different browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
As of April, 2009, some fees may apply. Due to budgetary challenges, we must now charge $2 per request for entertainment videos or music compact discs. This will be collected at the time the request is made, and is nonrefundable, even if the request is unfilled. We will not charge the $2 fee for non-fiction video and compact disc requests. As always, there also may be fees charged by lending libraries for videos and compact discs that we must get out of state. (You will be notified and given a chance to decline the interlibrary loan if a lending library wishes to charge a fee.)