Museum Pass Program Q and A
1. What is the Museum Pass Program?
This program allows Gloucester City Library cardholders to visit eleven area museums, cultural arts or nature centers for free!
2. Who may borrow museum passes?
Adult cardholders in good standing (no outstanding fines or overdue library items) may borrow passes.
3. How long can a patron hold a pass?
A patron may borrow a pass for up to 3 days
4. May a patron return a pass in the book drop?
No - all passes must be returned to a staff member at the front desk. Any patron who returns a pass in the book drop will be charged a $3.00 fee.
5. Can a pass be reserved?
Passes cannot be reserved. They are checked out on a first come-first served basis.
6. Can a pass be renewed?
No - all passes must be returned on or before the due date.
7. How many passes may be borrowed by a cardholder at one time?
An adult card holder may borrow one pass at a time.
8. What happens if the pass is returned late?
The cardholder will be charged a late fee of $3 per day with a maximum of $12. First overdue notice will be sent to the borrower when the pass is 3 days overdue. A second overdue notice will be sent to the borrower 7 days after the first overdue notice is issued if the pass is not returned.
9. What is the fee for a damaged or lost pass?
The patron will be charged a late fee of $3 processing fee plus the cost of the pass, which ranges from $50 to $400. The pass will be considered lost when it is not returned within three days after the 2nd overdue notice is issued. However, the $12-maximum-late-fee policy applies as soon as the pass is returned.
10. What is the fee for a damaged or lost case?
11. How many times may a particular pass be borrowed by a cardholder?
A cardholder may borrow a pass as often as it is available - there is no limit.
12. How many people are admitted to a museum per pass?
The membership conditions of each museum vary, but most museums allow free admission for at least two adults and three or four children per pass. For more detailed information, please search "museum pass" by KEYWORD in our catalog (http://catalog.gcpl.us/).
Newest Library Aditions